LS-PWT2®-livestock water treatment contains the strongest animal feed grade mineral acid available. A much lower addition rate is required to acidify drinking water to low pH levels. This lower addition rate provides pH reduction with no bitter taste. Birds and livestock won’t back off from LS-PWT2 treated water, so optimum water consumption is maintained.
Plus, since LS-PWT2 a pH water treatment is available in bulk, it provides substantial cost savings.
LS-PWT2 Product Chemistry
When LS-PWT2 is applied it breaks down into sodium, hydrogen and sulfate.
NaHSO–4 > Na+ + H+ + SO–4
The hydrogen lowers pH. LS-PWT2 is a mineral acid that breaks down into products naturally found in the environment.
LS-PWT2 meets the guidelines of a green ingredient. It is:
- Rated non-hazardous by the DOT
- Ozone friendly
LS-PWT2 follows the principles of Green Chemistry as described by the EPA and the California Department of Toxic Substances Control:
- The production process generates no waste and uses no solvents
- The process is analyzed in real time to prevent pollution and maximizes “atom economy” by containing all of the starting materials in the final products
- It is designed to be fully effective and has little toxicity
- It degrades after use breaking down into innocuous substances
- It is designed to minimize the potential for accidents including explosions, fires, and releases to the environment.
Alkalinity is the buffering capacity of water. It measures the ability of water to neutralize acids thereby maintaining a stable pH. Alkalinity of water consists of bicarbonates, carbonates, and hydroxides, which combine with H+ ions to neutralize them. High alkalinity water requires more acid to reduce the pH.
Jones-Hamilton Co. is committed to supporting the industry with innovative solutions to changing needs. Have questions? Find the representative nearest you or call (888) 858-4425 for help with any of our products.